3.31.2009

Script Frenzy

Throughout the month of April, I will be taking part in Script Frenzy, which is a contest to see who can complete a 100-page script beginning at 12:01am the morning of April 1 and ending 11:59pm the night of April 30. There are no prizes other than knowing that you've finally written that script you always said you could write.

For those of you who don't get it, this kind of deadline-driven pressure removes the ability to overthink and overedit your work, which makes it hard to move forward. You can't stop to think about how shitty your first draft it, because you have to use that time to write.

I did this same kind of thing for my first novel (which I mentioned in my first post) for National Novel Writer's Month. If you feel like joining up and competing with me, go to:

www.scriptfrenzy.org (it's the same group that does www.nanowrimo.org).

When you get there, go to search and look for me, Hudak-Budak. I'll gladly befriend anyone who would like to write with me.

Good luck, and happy writing!

No comments: